Volunteer With Us
We HEART volunteers! Do you have gardening skills to share? Be a mentor to a new grower. Do you love kids? Help us with Urban Farm School! Need to get your hands in the dirt? Come and weed!
- Green Thumb: spend the growing season mentoring a group of new gardeners. Flexible times and hours to be determined together with the group you mentor.
- Teacher at Heart: Help us out with Urban Farm School! Groups of young people visit spring, summer, and fall. You’ll help guide activities, for instance planting lettuce, making a teabag, feeding the chickens, or looking at worms.
- Weed Wacker: If you just like to get your hands in the dirt, we’ll set you up with a nice patch of weeds and you can enjoy some quiet time outdoors. Weedy Wednesdays are from 12-4pm.
- Saturday Regulars: We have drop-in hours every Saturday! Want to come and hang out? demonstrate a skill? greet interested visitors? Pick the Saturday you want!
- Spare Hands: Help us with many different jobs on Saturday, August 13! It’s Open Farm Day — when we usually see our highest number of visitors!
Apply to Volunteer
Apply to volunteer at the Edmonton Urban Farm by filling out the appropriate form below, or head to the Volunteer Website for more information about volunteering with Explore Edmonton.