Work with us
Thank you for considering a career at Explore Edmonton Corporation!
Explore Edmonton Corporation is the visitor economy and venue management organization for Edmonton. We tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and generate inbound visitation.
We are passionate Edmontonians, aligned through a unified purpose, mission, and vision to increase the economic impact of the visitor-based economy in Edmonton:
- Purpose: Increase the economic impact of the visitor-based economy in Edmonton.
- Mission: To showcase and inspire more people to visit Edmonton for exceptional experiences, while also enriching the quality of life for residents, and creating economic prosperity.
- Vision: Edmonton will be a destination of choice, delivering year-round transformational visitor and guest experiences.
We work hard to continually improve employee, guest, stakeholder, and visitor satisfaction, increase destination attraction and awareness, strengthen Edmonton experiences and events, and improve our operational excellence.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported.
Our core values differentiate us from other organizations. These are the common themes that unite us and helps to define our culture. We use our core values as a guidepost for consistent decision making, to empower employees and to unleash their potential as leaders. They are:
- Public Stewardship: We have been given a tremendous responsibility to be stewards of public trust as well as the architect of bold ideas.
- Selfless Approach: Everything we do is done in collaboration – with others on our teams, across our groups and with our stakeholders – and when we win, we win together.
- Lead the Way: We step up. Start something. Change something. Connect and support others who are willing to take a risk – on our teams, in our city.
- Make an Impact: When every action, big or small, can make an impact, every action contributes to building a visitor economy that matters.
- Caring for One Another: We have a genuine commitment to the success of each other, our shareholders and our community.
Interested in joining our team? See our available career opportunities below and visit our About Us page to learn more about the organization, as well as our Venues page to learn about our award-winning venues.
Junior Financial Analyst
The Shared Service Group is a team of service-minded individuals who are passionate about ensuring smart, customer-focused business processes are developed and followed. This team serves multiple internal customers and is made up of key business enablers and trusted business partners who provide superior customer service through collaboration, innovation, partnerships, and leadership to ensure the best possible user experience. In alignment with the needs of Explore Edmonton, services include providing governance advice and support, offering scalable business solutions, creating value for employees by building and facilitating connections across the organization.
The Shared Service Group is looking for a Junior Financial Analyst to cover a twelve-month parental leave. The Junior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the reconciliation of all general ledger accounts (e.g. Cash, Accrued Liabilities, Capital Assets) on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, and maintaining supporting documentation required for internal and external audit. The Junior Financial Analyst will work closely with the Senior Financial Analyst to complete financial statements, carry out variance analysis, and assist with developing, documenting, and maintaining accounting processes.
The successful Candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting, working towards CPA designation.
- 3-5 years work experience in a financial analyst role.
- Experience with Sage 300 considered a strong asset.
- Strong understanding of accounting standards and practices; internal controls, revenue and expense recognition, accrual vs. cash basis accounting.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to think critically, make informed decisions, and problem solve.
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy or completeness.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, external agencies, and stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day. If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume. Please submit your interest no later than May 14, 2021.