Things to Do in Winter in Edmonton
Winter in Edmonton is chilly, but it most certainly isn't boring. We're talking thrilling attractions, frosty festivals, outdoor adventures, and more! Step into a winter wonderland of outdoor patios, deep freezer races, and our spectacular view of the Northern Lights when visiting Canada's northernmost metropolis.
Celebrate the season with some of the city's most joyful holiday events! For more festive offerings, check out our event calendar.
- All is Bright takes over 124 Street with outdoor concerts, fire pits, roving performers and more. This is a scorcher of a street party in one of Edmonton’s coolest neighbourhoods. (November 18)
- Edmonton Christmas Market hosts over 50 local vendors, holiday activities, and amazing food and drinks at this festive event. (November 29 - December 17)
- Glow features towering light gardens, glowing activities, an artisan market, delicious food, and more at the Edmonton EXPO Centre! (December 1 - January 1)
- Zoominescence lights up the Edmonton Valley Zoo and brightens up the night with adorable creatures around every corner. (Select dates between December 1 - January 3)
- Canadian Tire Magic of Lights is an enchanted drive-through experience of vibrant LED lights and a jolly radio station you can tune into from your car. (November 23 - January 6)