Tourism Master Plan
Explore Edmonton’s job is to always be looking at the big picture, leading the way to promote our city as a four-season destination and developing the experiences and partnerships that will position Edmonton as a destination of choice. We are fully aligned to increase the economic impact of the visitor-based economy in our city.
The ultimate objective of the project is to assist in the prioritization of efforts and investments which will address the triple bottom line: delivering on the needs of the people (visitors and residents); the planet (developing tourism experiences in a responsible, sustainable and regenerative manner); and profit (economic growth). This will be done through the identification and alignment of key stakeholders, current and envisioned projects, and planning efforts for the city.
This project will consist of six phases:
- Project initiation & management: Confirm project plan and approach to stakeholder engagement.
- Baseline research: Assess the current and future state of Edmonton's visitor economy.
- Asset mapping: Identify existing assets and uncover potential gaps and opportunities.
- Stakeholder engagement: Proactively engage key stakeholders to collaboratively develop plan.
- Synthesis and analysis: Prepare a synthesis and analysis presentation of key findings.
- Strategic planning: Develop final Strategy, Implementation Plan and Monitoring & Evaluation Plan.