The best improvisors in the world live right here in Edmonton. Rapid Fire Theatre hosts the other top-ranked improv teams from across the globe at Improvaganza, a 10-day celebration of improv, comedy, music and more. Edmonton's funniest festival!
Job Posting: Front of House Manager for Rapid Fire Theatre
Rapid Fire Theatre is seeking applications for the position of Front of House Manager. Submit your application before Aug. 1, 2017.
What is Rapid Fire Theatre?
Rapid Fire Theatre is Edmonton’s longest-running improv comedy troupe and one of the oldest Theatresports companies on the planet. We have entertained audiences in Edmonton and beyond for over 30 years. We produce five weekly shows from September to June, as well as public workshops, entertainment events, and four festivals. We are currently on the hunt to buy our own theatre.
Our mission is to create accessible, affordable improvisation and alternative theatre that entertains, educates a growing audience, and generates professional development opportunities for improvisors.
What does the Front of House Manager do?
The Front of House Manager is the first contact with the company for audience and volunteers. They will oversee all operations of the Front of House including volunteer coordination, bar management, cash and box office management, and customer relations.
The ideal Front of House Manager will:
- Lead effectively by communicating and collaborating with the volunteers and other staff.
- Recruit, train and retain front of house volunteers
- Oversee box office, bar service and audience relations at weekend shows (requires availability most weekends)
- Maintain concession stock (vehicle is an asset), bar product via supplier
- Have experience in cash management, and an innovative approach to cash management oversight and training for volunteers
- Respect the art, the artists, the audience, the volunteers and the facility, and present professionally and amicably to all
- Be invested in the company and its future, participate in succession planning
What else should I know? The successful candidate will begin Sept. 1, 2017 and train under the General Manager.
Base compensation is $10,000 per annum (10-month contract), with potential run-out contract for RFT presentations at the Fringe Festival in August.
This is a contract position involving, 50 – 60 hours per month on average, with increased hours during festivals and reduced hours during breaks in programming. Applicants should understand that their hours of work may be irregular and vary from month to month.
How do I apply?
1. Submit your cover letter and current resume in a single .pdf document.
Please title your .pdf document: [Your first name]-[Your last name].pdf
2. Email your .pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please title your email subject line: Front of House Manager Application
We must receive your email application before Aug. 1, 2017.
We will not answer physical applications, mailed applications, or phone calls.
We will only contact the applicants that we consider for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest.
And that's a wrap! Thank you so much to everyone who attended, sponsored & played in this year's Improvaganza Festival. It's truly a special time for us and we could not do it without you. http://rapidfiretheatre.com/festival/improvaganza/
3 weeks ago
The RFT home team goes up against Reckless Theatre (NYC) tonight at 7:30pm! Don't miss out as we bring Improvaganza 2017 to a close. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/improvaganza-2017-the-club-shows-tickets-34496548104?aff=es2
4 weeks ago
Your last chance to catch some sweet sketch comedy at #Ganza2017 is tonight at 8pm with Marv N Berry! https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/improvaganza-2017-the-zeidler-hall-shows-tickets-34512869923?aff=es2