From the moment you walk into the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, you know you're in a one-of-a-kind hotel that breathes dignified style and timeless grace. Originally opened in 1915, the chateau on the river offers 198 elegant guestrooms catering to both business and leisure travelers. As an added luxury, the 7th and 8th floors have been newly renovated and updated to Fairmont Gold, where visitors can enjoy exclusive upgraded amenities.
- Indoor pool
- Children’s pool
- Fitness centre
- Steam room
- Designer toiletries
- 24-hour room service
Staying in this Downtown hotel allows you easy access to these great Edmonton attractions:
- Edmonton’s River valley: Only minutes away from North America’s largest urban parkland with over 160 km of trails to explore by foot, bike, canoe, and even Segway.
- The shops on 124 Street and 4th Street Promenade: Explore Edmonton’s most inventive restaurants and locally owned boutiques.
- Rogers Place/ Ice District: Edmonton’s brand new arena and entertainment district, home to the Edmonton Oilers.
- Arts District: The centre for art and theatre lovers including the Art Gallery of Alberta, Winspear Centre, Citadel Theatre and Royal Alberta Museum (opening 2017).
- LRT access to Commonwealth Stadium and University of Alberta.
- The Alberta Legislature: Enjoy free guided tours through the marble pillars and carved oak marvel or walk around the picturesque Legislature grounds.